About UsKeliapathar Sabuj Sangha & Library
Keliapathar Sabuj Sangha & Library is a voluntary social service organization for social action and educational development in an integrated way. The organization was established in 1980. The objective of KSS&L is to establish an exploitation-free society where all people live with equality, unity, in diversity to reach the goal of sustainable socio-economic, environmental, and cultural development, under their leadership. KSS&L visualizes exploitation and oppression-free egalitarian society and for equal opportunities for all men and women with full human rights, development of the economic environment, and cultural status by providing the required access.
The key strategy of the organization is to mobilize, organize and involve community people in decision-making platforms for holistic development. Efforts on the elimination of women’s poverty, the
spread of education among non-school going and drop out children, natural resource management with community participation for enhancing income-earning facilities at their doorstep, improvement of health status with the emphasis on preventive measures would have further strengthened if the government, national and international development agencies extended helping hands to this noble mission.
Keliapathar Sabuj Sangha And Library has been striving to strengthen the empowerment process for these poor illiterate distressed and oppressed people with its very limited resources.
Keliapathar Sabuj Sangha & Library is Registered with the Registrar of Societies and the type of NGO is Registered Societies (Non-Government) bearing the Registration of Societies West Bengal Act 1961 and the Registration Number is S/29694 of 19680-81. Registered under Foreign Contribution Regulation Act 1976 Reg. No.146920034 of 2000 dated 02/06/2017. The city and state of registration are Bankura and West Bengal. The date of registration is 10/10/1980. Our Unique Id of VO/NGO is WB/2009/0004823.
The mission of KSS&L is to establish an exploitation-free society where all people live with equality, unity, and diversity to reach the goal of sustainable socio-economic, environmental and cultural development, under their leadership.
KKS&L visualized exploitation and oppression-free egalitarian society and for equal opportunities for all men and women with full human rights, development of the economic environment, and cultural status by providing the required access.
- To sensitize the people regarding human rights and equip them with information for the protection of their rights.
- To strengthen the initiatives of rural women for livelihood development and thereby upgrade their socio-economic, environmental, and cultural status.
- To enroll all non-school going and working children for basic education and elimination of child labor system from the society.
- To upgrade the quality of life of rural and poor women through enhancement of opportunities for education, skill up-gradation and income generation, and organization of self-help groups.
- To educate and aware villagers especially the women community on preventive and curative measures of health care, family planning services, reproductive and child health services STD/HIV/AIDS control, etc.
- To develop natural resources, environment and thereby enhance livelihood maintenance opportunities.
150+ remote and backward tribal and scheduled caste villages at Indpur integrated tribal development Block, Onda, Taldangra, and Barjora Block in Bankura district is the present operational area of KSS&L. Indpur is a drought-prone mono cropped block. The nature of the soil is sandy gravel stones. Unfertile barren lands are here and a cent percent of our target villagers are located in such types of lands and environment.
KSS&L works for the underprivileged low-income people of scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, indigenous, and Minority community who are deprived of development facilities and exploited by the mainstream people. Children, women, youth, small and marginal farmers are the main target groups of the organization.
All plans of development initiatives of the KSS&L have been conceived from the village level committees at the grassroots. In the project implementation, committee representation of members of the concerned committees at the grassroots level has ensured the people’s participation in decision making, project implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and follow-up.
- Mobile Health cares for tribal people in Bankura district and community participation.
- Development of Library for the students, youth, and aged men & women
- Vocational & skill training of self-help groups of women for gainful income generation.
- Land reclamation and agricultural development through training on organic farming vermi-composting for tribal, scheduled caste, and minority farmers.
- Promotion of child education program, pre-primary for non-school going drop out children.
- Awareness generation program on STDs/HIV/AIDS, Malaria & T.B., Cancer.
- Safe drinking water and Sanitation Program.
- Women & Human rights establishment.
- Watershed Management Training and Demonstration.
- Revitalization of Tribal rural folk art & cultural practices.
- Natural Resource Development for creation of employment and income-earning facilities
- Special School for child labor
- Environment Campaigning on Biodiversity conservation.
- Promotion of women self-help groups and development of small savings, Micro-credit program support.
- District Magistrate, Bankura
- District Rural Development Cell, Bankura
- Sabhadhipati, Bankura Zilla Parishad
- Block Development Officer, Indpur and Barjora, & Taldangra, Bankura
- Chief Medical Officer of Health Bankura
- Block Medical Officer of Health, Barjora, Mejja and Indpur, Bankura
- Sabhapati, Indpur and Chhatna Panchayat Samity
- District Social Welfare Officer, Bankura
- West Bengal Pollution Control Board, Govt. of West Bengal
- SFR, RRA, ministry of Environment & Forest, Govt. of India
- Nehru Yuva Kendra, Bankura
- Sitaram Jindal Foundation, New Delhi
KKS&L is voluntary organization for educational development started working since 1980
Registered Address: Vill & P.O.- Keliapathar, District- Bankura, Pin- 722136
+91 9932888731 / 9830284165